March 8 is the same as International Women’s Day. It is a day to celebrate the empowerment of women and to vindicate globally the fight for equal opportunities, equality between people, for the constant education of society in equal values and for a presence of women in all areas, on equal terms.
There is a long way to go, but it is true that there is still a good stretch to walk. At Cyberclick we want to pay tribute to all those women who break the glass ceiling day after day and who, with their strength and enthusiasm, mark a path for other women to follow.
Keys to women’s emporwement today
There are empowered women in all areas, but in the digital marketing sector within the Spanish-speaking market, we have great examples such as Alicia Rodriquez de Semrush, Vilma Nunez , Sonia Duro Limia , copywriter Maider Tomasena , Elena Gomez del Pozuelo , Fatima Martinez , Billie Sastre , Maria Avila , Ana Santos , Teresa Alba or Aleyda Solis , and others of great empowered women such as Julia Salsas , Mar Alarcon , Helena Torras and many more. They are women who get encoded in their DNA for entrepreneurship and online marketing.
Women’s empowerment begins with you
If you are a woman and work in the world of digital marketing, you may be interested to know what are the top tips from the best professionals in the sector to advance your professional career. Based on the advice of several of the experts mentioned above, this is what digital marketing leaders recommend you do:
- Train and inform you continuously , to have a solid foundation and stay up to date with developments in the sector.
- Continuously analyze and measure the results of your work.
- Specialize in a specific area , to maximize the investment of time and resources and position yourself better.
- Have a good personal brand strategy that helps you stand out.
- Create your own content through a blog or social media that shows your experience and knowledge and adds value to other professionals.
- Develop strategies that promote sociocultural changes in your environment. With small breadcrumbs is how big changes come.
What can companies do to reinforce the empowerment of women?
Businesses are active engines of change, and of course the women’s struggle is no exception. At the business level, there are many steps that can be taken to promote women’s empowerment and equality :
- Ensure equal conditions, opportunities and challenges for all male and female employees, without excuses . There may be differences in personal situations, but access to jobs and wages must be the same.
- Promote work-life balance . We are fortunate to work in a sector that offers many facilities for teleworking (being digital), not only from home, but from virtually anywhere in the world. But many companies are still anchored in a presenteeist work culture. If we want to promote the professional development of women in digital marketing, we must offer flexibility in schedulesand workplaces so that they and they can better combine professional and personal life. For this to be possible, the work has to be based on objectives and hours (not just hours): in this way, each person is responsible for organizing their tasks in the way that is most convenient for them according to their situation. And of course, we should not assume that they are the only ones who need to reconcile, we learn that all of society must be able to reconcile.
- Offer equal opportunities for positions of power. The so-called “glass ceiling” becomes evident when we see the gap between men and women in positions of power. From the company, our responsibility is not to understand leadership as a male or female issue, but of great people and great leaders, who should not have to give up their family and personal life to occupy a position of power.
Whatever your gender and your job position, there is much you can do to improve the situation of women in digital marketing and in society in general . The first step is to become aware of the need to fight for change and not stop doing small actions that bring us closer to that goal.
The empowerment of women in the digital world and in general is a necessary factor within all societies and which we must promote individually and from within the company. So that it stops being a fight in the not too distant future and becomes a normality within society.
The articles in our blog are signed and written by someone in particular, but this time we want to emphasize that the entire Cyberclick team signed this article, because we believe in these ideas and in the values behind International Women’s Day.