With its 2,000 million active users per month, Facebook is one of the best places to reach your audience. And not only that: its advertising tool, Facebook Ads , offers endless solutions for all companies, budgets and marketing objectives.
But in the face of such a deployment, even experienced marketers tend to settle for “old” formats and fall short when it comes to experimenting with the full potential of this tool. An example of this is remarketing (also called ” retargeting “) on Facebook, which offers plenty of possibilities to help your users move through the conversion funnel. So if you have an e-commerce and want to boost revenue, don’t miss these 4 types of remarketing Facebook Ads.
In this video we explain how to set up remarketing ads with a short tutorial.
A moving image is worth a thousand words. On Facebook, 76% of users discover videos through their Latest News section. In recent times, with the rise of live video, this aspect of the network has become even more important.
Producing quality video takes time and effort, so you want to make sure you pay off the investment. And for this, what better than using your video as a “hook” for your remarketing campaigns ?
Normally, the video is the first point of contact with the user, that is, it corresponds to the TOFU or “top of the funnel” phase. To ensure that their interest is genuine, you can choose to remarketing only to users who have viewed a certain number of seconds or percentage of the video. This will prevent people from “sneaking” into your list who have not really paid attention, but have activated automatic playback by going through their Latest News section. To further improve the quality of these contacts, be sure to add captions and texts to your videos, as over 85% of video views on Facebook are soundless.
How can you configure your video remarketing on Facebook? Very easy:
- Create a custom audience.
- Choose the “Facebook Interaction” option.
- Choose “Video”.
- Select the option you prefer: users who have seen more than 3 seconds of the video, more than 10, 25%, 50%, 75% or 95%.
Remarketing based on interaction with your Facebook page
If you have a lot of interactions on your Facebook page but you can’t get them to convert, this option is for you.
With remarketing ads based on interaction with a Facebook page, you can reach a wide variety of people who are already familiar with your brand and have a certain affinity for it. In this list you will have both users who have not yet purchased and customers who could repeat.
As in the previous case, remarketing based on interaction with the Facebook page is configured through the option of personalized audiences . Once there, you have these options to define your audience:
- People who have visited your page.
- People who like or have commented on your posts or your ads.
- People who have clicked on your call to action.
- People who have sent you a direct message.
- People who have saved your page or any of your posts.
Remarketing with dynamic product ads
If you want to increase the income of your e-commerce, do not miss this option!
Dynamic product remarketing ads are one of the most profitable options on Facebook.
These ads appear in the Latest News section of the users who have visited your website, so it is likely that they are more advanced in the conversion funnel. Better yet, they can show the user exactly the product they’ve visited, so you’re getting a high degree of customization.
To transform these ads into conversions, try launching special “10% discount on shoes” offers or reminding users of their interest.
Dynamic product ads require setting up a Facebook tracking pixel on your website and creating a product catalog. If you work with any of Facebook’s e-commerce partners, like Shopify, BigCommerce, or Magento, the process is pretty straightforward.
Remarketing based on interaction with Canvas ads
Lastly, we have a fairly specific, but loaded with potential, type of remarketing ads: retargeting based on Canvas ads.
Canvas is a great example of an underrated option within the Facebook Ads ecosystem. These ads are specially designed for mobile phones and offer many possibilities to create your own interactive story: videos, calls to action, clickable images … In addition, they load 10 times faster than normal websites.
To take full advantage of them, launch a remarketing campaign focused on the people who have interacted with your Canvas. You can specify that your list includes all the people who have opened the ad or only those who have clicked on any of the links. The option is found in Custom Audiences > Faceboook Interaction > Canvas.
2 key aspects for your Facebook remarketing ads
Ready to launch your first Facebook remarketing ads? We’re almost there! Before I completely jumped into the pool, I wanted to give you two tips to help you get the best results.
- Tip 1 # Explore your consumer’s journey . The grace of remarketing is that we can reach users at different points in their journey, from when they hear about our brand for the first time until they are ready to buy. But for our strategy to make sense, we have to be able to clearly identify where they are.
- Tip 2 #: When remarketing, you can play with the time that a user is going to be in your remarketing list , that is, with the time that has elapsed since they interacted with your brand. If you put too short a time you will lose opportunities, but if it is too long you run the risk of saturating the users. My recommendation: start for a long time and adjust according to the results.